Argumentative 0.5.55 - 21 December 2009
* Expand / Collapse is reflected in the Graphical View.
* The Change for the output for the File / Export /Transform dialog box
remembers the file name if present.
* Web page with image now has references in the test e.g. "1.2 helper". Space
has been added at the end of the page so clicking on an argument in the image
displayes the appropriate element text at the top of the page.
* NDoc updated
Argumentative 0.5.54 - 20 June 2009
* Help file introduction page now includes an image map for quick navigation.
* Pressing F1 displays the introduction page by default.
Argumentative 0.5.53 - 13 May 2009
* Drag and drop now considered a modification. (Bug #2725953)
* Dragging in the Graphical View now pans (scrolls).
* A click on a graphical view element no longer shows details. (Bug #2738992)
Argumentative 0.5.52 - 2 April 2009
* Drag and drop now available on the Graphical View. (Feature #1972263)
Argumentative 0.5.51 - 30 March 2009
* Ctrl-W and other control sequence keys no longer passed to the edit area.
* Help improved.
Argumentative 0.5.50 - 16 March 2009
* Status line shows reference, element type and text when an element is
selected. (feature #2676972)
* Selected element in the tree view is now visible when using find. (feature #2688124)
* Ctrl-G (Find Again) no longer causes a crash. (Bug # 2688122)
* No longer crashes if dictionary file missing. (Bug # 2681011)
Argumentative 0.5.49 - 2 March 2009
* Markers are not working for orientations other than top down. The top down
view is now the only view where line markers appear.
* A more informative message appears when you try to do do an illegal element
change. E.g. changing an element where a Helper is a sub element of a Helper.
* Tool bar details added to help.
Argumentative 0.5.48 - 3 January 2009
* Black and White Quick View added (feature #1960026).
* Extended the XML used for transformations to include a . By default
the title is the file name without extension.
* When cycling through Quickviews, Preferred no longer shows an error message
if not set.
* Improved error messages.
* Tested on SUSE Linux using Mono. Future releases will work toward greater
Argumentative 0.5.47 - 16 September 2008
* The modication date is now saved with the AXL file format. (bug #2105570)
* File menu now has keyboard equivalents for Save, Save As and Print. (Bug #2113282)
* Haycorns sample file cleaned up. MS Word output improved. (bug #2029839)
* NUnit tests extended.
Argumentative 0.5.46 - 21 July 2008
* Tidied up the Tools / Options / Graphical View dialog box.
* Updated the Tools / Options and View help pages.
Argumentative 0.5.45 - 9 June 2008
* Markers now differentiate between elements (bug #1981516).
* Marker text placement improved (bug #1981517).
Argumentative 0.5.44 - 31 May 2008
* Option added to display elements with a marker to differentiate between
elements without using colour. This feature is still in test.
* Web page.xslt and Web page with image.xslt now include comments.
Argumentative 0.5.43 - 14 May 2008
* Project description changed to:
Reason is rare. The reasoning behind day to day decisions and important issues
are often unknown, unadmitted or misunderstood. Argumentative allows you to
express an argumentís structure in a visual form which is simpler to
understand. Reads RE3 & RTNL.
Argumentative assists with creating Argument Maps. Argument Mapping allows you
to show the structure of an argument. Reads Reason!able (re3), Araucaria (AML)
and its own AXL format. Argumentative exports to MS Word, PowerPoint, bitmap &
* Status updated each time zoom used.
* Status updated when orientation is cycled through (F6).
* Ctrl-Enter at the end of a line in the edit area now creates a newline.
Argumentative 0.5.42 - 27 April 2008
* Lines now drawn under element boxes (feature #1806621).
* Right to left view now drawn correctly (bug #1947430).
Argumentative 0.5.41 - 20 April 2008
* Able to open Rationale file formats 140.56 & 140.58. (feature #1877822)
Warning message no longer issued for these formats.
* The Distributed joining option is off by default when using View / Quick Views /
Plain Boxed, Colourful or R Notation.
* Refactored the graphics calculations.
Argumentative 0.5.40 - 11 April 2008
* Rationale import: Text between asterixes are now highlighted and corresponds
to *bold* text as imported from Rationale files.
* Rationale import: Newline (\n) converted to CR+LF.
* Ctrl-Enter will split a line into two lines in the edit area.
Argumentative 0.5.39 - 6 April 2008
* ImageToPNG(ref,fileName) function added to XSLT to produce images in
* Example file "web page with image.xslt" added. The translation creates a web
page with an image of the argument with each element on the image linked to
* General Public License added to the installer.
* Icon added to the installer.
* License added to Help / About dialog box.
Argumentative 0.5.38 - 1 April 2008
* SVG sample file updated to include joining lines and boxed text. Tested with
Inkscape 0.44 (feature #1922086)
* New print option to print to a single page (feature #1908451).
Argumentative 0.5.37 - 30 March 2008
* Extended the XML used for transformations to include graphical information.
, , and added for each element. This has not been added
to the AXL format (feature #1922084).
* New sample file svg.xslt translates the current map to SVG format.
* Clicking on a box in the Graphical View now highlights the correct element
in the Tree View (bug #1925594)
Argumentative 0.5.36 - 21 March 2008
* Right to Left R Notation view image is now left justified. (feature #1917392)
* RE3 files now have a comment added giving file name and date of
transformation. (feature #1896808)
Argumentative 0.5.35 - 11 March 2007
* Ctrl-left & right arrows move correctly in the edit area. (feature #1908359)
Argumentative 0.5.34 - 26 February 2008
* Rationale files may now be immediately exported to MS Word. (bug# 1881490)
* NDoc updated. Down to 143 warnings.
* Descriptions added to the options in the installer.
Argumentative 0.5.33 - 24 February 2008
* Message is now displayed saying version 1.08 of Rationale cannot be read.
* Help updated.
* Manual updated.
Argumentative 0.5.32 - 16 February 2008
* Page number may be suppressed from printing and print preview. (Feature #1813165)
* "text with comments.xslt" transformation file produces the argument text with
* File / Export / Transform will open files in the existing directory path when
the change buttons are clicked.
Argumentative 0.5.31 - 9 February 2008
* tags removed from XML used for transformations. This speeds
the transformations not including pictures. (feature 1884940)
* XSLT file now closed after use. (Feature #1885907)
* "Node changed" status line message removed. (Feature #1886606)
* Inference nodes handled in Rationale import without error. (bug # 1879398)
Argumentative 0.5.30 - 2 February 2008
* Manual updated
* Help file updated
* Sample transformation file "XML Only.xslt" added to assist with creating
transform files. This is a single template using
* XML removed from File / Open as a default format. (feature #1877817)
Argumentative 0.5.29 - 29 January 2007
* Tools / Options / Graphical View / Premise / Box width - if set to zero will
render the box the width of the text.
* Rationale file no longer causes index error when viewed in right to left view
Argumentative 0.5.28 - 26 January 2007
* Page numbering correct. (bug #1877666)
* Option to recognise RTNL file extensions added as an install option.
* Form1.cs (the old interface)removed from solution.
Argumentative 0.5.27 - 21 January 2007
* ImageToRTF(ref) functions correctly produce second level elements e.g. 1.1,
1.2.1 references. Note ImageToRTF('') Produces the entire argument map.
* Spell check now marks file as saved if appropriate. (bug #1870759)
* The Tools / Save Options saves Distributed option. (feature #1836211).
Argumentative 0.5.26 - 19 January 2007
* Minor updates to the manual reflecting the changes to Export.
* Option has been added "Show Helpers as Co-Premises" has been added for a
future display feature. (feature #1772501)
* File / Export / Transform now includes a ImageToRTF(ref) function to insert
images of parts of an argument.
Argumentative 0.5.25 - 12 January 2007
* File / Export / MS Word now exports to RTF. The file "RTF with picture.xslt"
Argumentative 0.5.24 - 10 January 2007
* File / Export / Transform now includes a bitmap of the argument map in RTF.
The element contains the formatted RTF.
Argumentative 0.5.23 - 6 January 2007
* Menu items now have ... added where a dialog box is produced. (feature #1828694)
* Edit / Properties / Global tab has a button to set the creation date to the
creation date of the file. (feature #1826446)
* NDoc updated (207 warnings)
* Web site NDOC file corrected.
Argumentative 0.5.22 - 4 January 2007
* Extra tags are available for the XSL Transform (File / Export / Transform)
Gives the sort form of today's (system) date. E.g. 4/01/2008
Gives the sort form of the current (system) time. E.g. 7:45 PM
Gives the long form of today's date. E.g. Friday, 4 January 2008
Gives the long form of the current time. E.g. 7:45:30 PM
* New export to RTF. RTF Export.XSL produces a RTF formatted version of the selected argument.
Argumentative 0.5.21 - 10 November 2007
* Word Export no longer truncates element types. (bug #1828687)
* NDoc documentation updated (255 warnings down from 300).
Argumentative 0.5.20 - 7 November 2007
* Open application feature in File / Export / Transform is working. (bug #1823725)
* Output file name added if field blanked.
Argumentative 0.5.19 - 4 November 2007
* File name is now correct when Argumentative is started by double clicking a
file. (bug #1825404)
* Newlines now handled correctly in comments. (bug #1823822)
Argumentative 0.5.18 - 1 November 2007
* Graphical view now updates when other Tree View elements clicked. (bug #1823830).
* NDoc documentation updated (255 warnings down from 300).
Argumentative 0.5.17 - 29 October 2007
* Scroll bars only appear when required. (feature #1786834)
* Open with Application option in File / Export / Transform opens the
appropriate application for the output file. This depends on the operating
system recognising the file extension. e.g *.txt
* ToolTips added to File / Export / Transform dialog.
Argumentative 0.5.16 - 27 October 2007
* Adding elements using enter refreshes the graphical view. (bug #1819654)
* File / Export / Transform may now open to a web page. Save the file with a
* Refactoring is continuing.
Argumentative 0.5.15 - 25 October 2007
* Undo no longer crashes after Paste. (bug #1814176)
* Code documentation continuing with NDoc.
* Dates added internally. File / Properties views the date & time.
* TestNode NUnit test added.
Argumentative 0.5.14 - 22 October 2007
* The element types may have their width set in pixels. (feature #1801691)
Argumentative 0.5.13 - 19 October 2007
* The graphical view is redrawn when a new element is created using enter.
* Beta development documentation posted in Beta.
Argumentative 0.5.12 - 15 October 2007
* Improved error message if .Net 2 is missing. (bug #1811232)
* NUnit tests added. (feature #1813187)
* Numbering added to text.xsl
* Help updated.
Argumentative 0.5.11 - 14 October 2007
* Page range is available in File / Print. (feature #1786829)
* Updated Boxy Web.xsl sample transformation file to include metadata and author.
Argumentative 0.5.10 - 11 October 2007
* Scroll bars now adjust for zoom. (bug #1810573)
* Updated Spanish Dictionary available in Beta for download. (bug #1809907)
Argumentative 0.5.9 - 10 October 2007
* Changing dictionary no longer requires restart. (bug #1909906)
* Drop Shadow option disabled when Shadow not set. (bug #1804207)
Argumentative 0.5.8 - 9 October 2007
* Spanish Dictionary added to install and options. (feature #1809184)
* Recent files may include Rationale files without crashing. (bug #1809811)
* Recent files work more reliably. (bug #1800563)
Argumentative 0.5.7 - 8 October 2007
* Distributed link option started. Top Down and Bottom Up views only. This is
experimental. There is often overlap that is not handled. The option may be
found at Tools / Options / Graphical Continued / Lines / Distributed.
* Tools / Options / Graphical Continued tab tidied up.
Argumentative 0.5.6 - 4 October 2007
* Tree View font and colour stored correctly in options. (bug #1804202)
* Rationale imports version 140.57. (bug #1806071)
Argumentative 0.5.5 - 1 October 2007
* Rationale import no longer displays CompoundReason and CompoundObjection elements. (bug #1801676)
* Rationale import adds a comment to the main premise with version and file name.
Argumentative 0.5.4 - 27 September 2007
* Duplicate elements removed from Rationale imports. (bug #1797565)
* \" replaced with " in Rationale imports. (bug #1801683)
Argumentative 0.5.3 - 24 September 2007
* Rationale files now have a file name.
* SmallChange is now 10 pixels for improved scrolling.
* View / Orientation / Bottom up is sized correctly. (bug# 1796746)
* View / Show / Selection no longer will permit scrolling off screen. (bug #1797535)
* Text no longer appears outside the coloured boxes. (bug #1800555)
Argumentative 0.5.2 - 18 September 2007
* Resize now updates scroll bars.
* Can now scroll to extremes of graphical view. (bug # 1795918)
* Edit / Paste of a Helper no longer causes a crash (bug #1795934)
* Paste tool bar icon now has help text. (bug #0617967)
* Default colours of the New map correspond to those used in
View / Quick Views. (bug #1796700)
* Corrupt files no longer cause a crash. (bug #1796792)
* Edit area updates after opening a new file. (bug #1795920)
* Pasting a Helper no longer causes a crash. (bug #1795934)
Argumentative 0.5.1 - 15 September 2007
* Scroll bar page click improved.
* Rationale files with multiple arguments are handled. Additional claims are
added as new reasons and a comment added.
Argumentative 0.5 - 13 September 2007
New in the 0.5 version
* New interface including tool bar
* Drag and Drop
* Improved Print
* Print preview
* Print Preview
Added from 0.4.2 Beta 4
* Preview button added to Print dialog.
* Files from Rationale(tm) may be open. This is still experimental.
Argumentative 0.4.2 Beta 4 - 11 September 2007
* Errors exporting to MS Word no longer cause a crash. (bug #1788037)
* A helper cannot have a helper by changing the element type. (bug #1791226)
* The Tree View Font options are saved. (bug #1711612)
* Manual has been updated. (feature #1786881)
Argumentative 0.4.2 Beta 3 - 4 September 2007
* R Notation legend is optional (feature #1786827).
* Print icon added to tool bar (feature #1786830).
* Pressing enter in the Edit Area adds a new element of the same type (bug #1786882).
* Drag and Drop refreshes the Graphical View (bug #1786838).
* More Status Line additions (feature #1786831).
Argumentative 0.4.2 Beta 2 - 2 September 2007
* Window maximised on startup.
* File / Open asks to save if argument has been modified. (bug #1751615)
* Menus updated to include ... where a dialog box is produced. (bug #1786442)
Argumentative 0.4.2 Beta 1 - 28 August 2007
* New interface including tool bar
* Drag and Drop
* Improved Print
* Print Preview
Argumentative 0.4.1 - 27 June 2007
* Error corrected where there was a crash if you did file operations within the
File / Save as dialog box (eg renaming or deleting a file).
* .Net 2 code only.
* Menu system is now using ToolStripMenu
Argumentative 0.4 - 6 May 2007
* Manual added to installation
* Documentation and Dictionary Groups created in the install.
* Movie updated online.
* Help / Home page... Opens the Argumentative home page.
Argumentative 0.3.19 (0.4 release candidate 2) - 4 May 2007
* Ignore case is on by default in Edit / Find.
* Find Next keeps searching even when the current node contains a match (feature #1710846).
* View / Quick Views / Cycle (F8) cycles through the quick views including the
preferred option (feature #1711536).
* Export tab removed in Tools / Options (feature #1711610)
* AXL files are associated with Argumentative as an option during installation
* Text Layout label changed to Layout in Tools / Options (bug #1712396).
Argumentative 0.3.18 (0.4 release candidate 1) - 27 April 2007
* File / Close menu item removed as it did nothing.
* New sample file "Double Deduction.axl" is in the Examples folder.
* The tutorial sample "Cats are better than dogs.axl" is included in the examples.
* Input focus is now on the Tree View when you click on an element in the Graphic View.
Argumentative 0.3.17 - 22 April 2007
* Updated help.
* The option to install source is off by default (feature #1704069).
* Installer look and feel updated (Modern UI).
* 'Haycorns' file error when loading corrected (bug #1703977).
Argumentative 0.3.16 - 18 April 2007
* Edit / Find now remembers the state of the Search Comments checkbox.
* Edit / Properties includes the creation date of the argument (feature #1691808).
* Edit / Properties / Global / Author now correctly loads from an AXL file (bug #1702808).
* Readme file now included as a link in the start menu (feature #1701179).
Argumentative 0.3.15 - 15 April 2007
* Edit / Find now works comments (feature 1670494).
* Help updated.
Argumentative 0.3.14 - 11 April 2007
* The graphical view now draws the font colours specified in Tools / Options...
* Preference file now split into sections and
* Options is now under the Tools menu.
* Tools / Save Options... saves the current options as a file.
* View / Quick Views / Preferred loads the graphical options from the file
Argumentative 0.3.13 - 31 March 2007
* Improved Help / About dialog box (Feature #1691806).
* Updated NSIS installer to 2.24
* Source files include additional resources required for build (bug #1690955).
Argumentative 0.3.12 - 30 March 2007
* US & AU dictionaries included in the install package.
* Dictionary may be changed in options.
* Scroll bars reset for File / New (bug #1690253).
Argumentative 0.3.11 - 29 March 2007
* Tools / Full Stops... redraws and handles question marks correctly (bug #1685018).
* File / Print offers the page setup dialog box before printing (feature #1689616).
* File / Print sometimes duplicates elements (bug #1690250).
* Crashing on exit when creating the preferences file for the first time
corrected (bug #1690251).
* Source code included in installer (feature #1689654). COM interop files need
to be rebuilt.
Argumentative 0.3.10 - 18 March 2007
* Find & Replace button crashed system when nothing was entered.
* Araucaria SchemeSet.xslt added to examples to translate Araucaria SchemeSet to text format.
* File / Export / Transform / From / Change has the option of All files.
* This readme file is now included in the NSIS install.
Argumentative 0.3.9 - 9 March 2007
* New self contained installer.
* Spell Check added. F7 or Tools / Spelling will check the current element only.
* Edit / Move / Swap will promote the current element to its parent.
* Araucaria SchemeSet format (*.scm) may now be opened but not viewed.
* Edit / Full Stops... function has been moved to Tools / Full Stops...
* Help file updated with the Tools menu.
Argumentative 0.3.8 - 23 February 2007
* Araucaria format (*.aml) may now be opened.
See http://araucaria.computing.dundee.ac.uk for more details including sample files.
* Properties dialog box resizes correctly.
Argumentative 0.3.7 - 23 February 2007
* Replace introduced. Replaces text on nodes.
Argumentative 0.3.6 - 17 February 2007
* The icon transparency fixed (Bug #1634861). (Should get a new icon.)
* Horizontal views clipping in export bug fixed. (Bug #1657542)
Argumentative 0.3.5 - 12 February 2007
* Add remove full stops (Feature #1641068)
Argumentative 0.3.4 - 11 February 2007
* Find Next (Ctrl-G) implemented (Feature #1657021).
* Find has ignore case option.
Argumentative 0.3.3 - 8 February 2007
* Code added to CVS
* Image added to File / Export / MS PowerPoint exports an image for the second
* R Notation numbering corrected (bug #1655094).
Argumentative 0.3.2 - 2 February 2007
* Added View / Expand Collapse / Expand All that expands all the [+]
indicators in the Tree View. This does not change the Graphical View.
* Added View / Expand Collapse / Collapse All that collapses all the [-]
indicators in the Tree View.
* Ctrl-[Arrow key] moves the currently selected element in the Tree View in
the appropriate direction (feature #1648377).
* Right to Left view added (feature #1646779).
* The View / Orientation sub menu has a Cycle (F6) option that cycles through
the four orientations.
* Edit / Copy places a bitmap on the clipboard as well as text. Use
Edit / Paste Special in programs like Word to select Bitmap to paste
* File / Export / MS Word... now has a copy of the Graphic View at the top of
the page (feature #1650170).
Argumentative 0.3.1 - 28 January 2007
* Left to right and Right to Left views added (feature #1641075).
Argumentative 0.3 - 19 January 2007
* Help file amended. Search Added.
* Help - "What is Argument Mapping?" page added.
* Default buttons added to Edit / Options dialog box.
* Help added to Edit / Properties box.
* Splitter bar (vertical line) can be moved to the extreme left or right.
* Files now stored in self extracting 7 Zip format (www.7-zip.org).
Argumentative 0.3 Release Candidate 2 - 16 January 2007
* Saving formats other than .AXL uses the file type specified in File / Save As
* Bottom Up view displays correctly with longer elements (bug #1634864)
* R Notation legend is no longer clipped when saved as a graphic.
Argumentative 0.3 Release Candidate 1 - 12 January 2007
* File / Recent Files menu items saved on exit.
* Help file updated.
* Extension .axl.axl corrected when saving re3 files in native format. (bug #1633657)
Argumentative 0.2.19 - 9 January 2007
* Application maximises on start up.
* File / Options opens without error (bug #1631092)
* Paste without other edit updates correctly (bug #1630230)
Argumentative 0.2.18 - 8 January 2007
* Example files install correctly (bug #1630183).
* Colours in prefs file in hex e.g. #00FF00 is green.
* Pasting multiple lines of text without indenting no longer locks up
* File/Export/Transform no longer fails an assertion (bug #1630187).
Argumentative 0.2.17 - 6 January 2007
* A different joining line style may be set for each element in options. For
example, all reasons may be connected with dashed lines and objections with
dotted lines. (feature #1603401)
* The argument Author () added to the AXL format.
* Author displayed in Edit / Properties under the new Global tab.
Argumentative 0.2.16 - 3 January 2007
* The maximum number of Recent files may be set in Edit / Options.
* The Releases section on the project web site now shows this file.
* Corrected View (Zoom) Full (bug #1625262).
Argumentative 0.2.15 - 31 December 2006
* Recent files can open AXL or RE3 files.
* Help file updated. Common argument Fallacies included.
Argumentative 0.2.14 - 29 December 2006
* Recent files opened appear under the File / Recent Files sub menu. Feature
* Application icon updated.
Argumentative 0.2.13 - 21 December 2006
* Comments update correctly. (bug #1617648)
* Help / About now displays more system information (OS Version, .Net version
& Memory pool)
* New Sample file: Planting a haycorn will grow an oak tree.axl. Comments give
Argumentative 0.2.12 - 20 December 2006
* Icons in Tree View are now the correct size (16 x 16)
* Premise icon added.
* View / Quick Views menu added allowing you to swap between standardised views.
* View / Full scrolls to show the whole argument.
* File / Save As / File type / Rationale 1.1 saves in the Rationale *.rtnl
Argumentative 0.2.11 - 19 December 2006
* Zoom reset to 100% after File \ Open. (bug #1617669)
* Select element in Tree View from Graphic view compensates for zoom. (bug
* View / Full fills the Graphic View properly.
Argumentative 0.2.10 - 15 December 2006
* Zoom implementation started. View menu has 50%,100% & 200% items.
* Pasting error correct (bug #1614789)
Argumentative 0.2.9 - 12 December 2006
* Bottom up error corrected (bug #1611133)
* The View / Find menu selection displays the currently selected element in the
treeview in the upper left of the graphical view.
Argumentative 0.2.8 - 6 December 2006
* Del key error fixed. (bug #1606399)
* Redraw on element change added. (bug #1606407)
* Properties box resizes correctly.
* The edit box font is reset to Microsoft Sans Serif and 8.25 size if a paste
operation has changed the font. (bug #1608807)
* Graphic file export size correct (bug #1606410)
Argumentative 0.2.7 - 30 November 2006
* Curved lines option added to Graphical View.
* Bottom-Up orientation (upside down)implemented in the Graphical view.
Argumentative 0.2.6 - 27 November 2006
* Shading and Drop Shadow options added to the Graphical View.
Argumentative 0.2.5 - 26 November 2006
* The file name and path now appear in the window title bar.
* Comments may be added and edited with Edit/Properties or F4.
* Copy, paste, save and open updated for comments.
* An error where all elements pasted were a reason has been corrected.
Argumentative 0.2.4 - 25 November 2006
* The R Notation option now displays a legend.
* Export to bitmap (GIF,JPEG etc) is correctly sized.
Argumentative 0.2.3 - 21 November 2006
* F2 or the menu Edit / Edit changes focus to editing the current node and
selects all text ready for editing.
* Web page.xslt and boxy web.xslt files produce a web page using
File / Export / Translate...
* File / Export / Translate... has an Open with Notepad option
* Help / Check for Updates will see if there is a more recent version of
* Edit / Options / Graphic View / Notation changes between the box view and
the R notation.
Argumentative 0.2.2 - 15 November 2006
* XSLT samples updated to include a web page sample.
* Pressing enter will create a new element at the same level.
* File / Save As... offers the premise as a file name.
Argumentative 0.2.1 - 13 November 2006
* Error in Edit \ Copy corrected
* File \ Export \ Transform... can operate on the current open file without saving.
Argumentative 0.2 - 29 October 2006
* Help updated
Release 0.1.0 - 5 August 2006
* Initial release
* Load and display RE3 files.
Release 0.1.1 - 13 August 2006
* Save AXL files (native format in XML)
Release 0.1.2 - 15 August 2006
* Text can be changed.
* Nodes can be changed between reason, objection and helper.
* Redundant Reason and Objection nodes removed from RE3 import and AXL file format.
* XSL Style sheet translates from AXL to FreeMind MM format.
* Export to Microsoft Word added.
* The tree view is fully expanded after a file has been loaded.
* Help \ About added including the version and build number.
Release 0.1.3 - 17 August 2006
* Delete node
* Add Reason, Objection or Helper
* Icon appears on desktop after install
* File \ Properties gives the count of all nodes (Reasons, Objections and helpers.
0.1.4 - 20 August 2006
* Move commands added.
* Delete command corrected.
* Tree structure internally verified (self checking).
0.1.5 - 25 August 2006
* Edit \ Options changes the font of the tree view
* Font type, size and colour for the tree view may be changed under View\Options
* File \ Save (Ctrl-S) no longer asks for the file name if the file already has one.
0.1.6 - 27 August 2006
* A selected element may be saved as a complete Argument Map (AXL) using
File \ Export \ Current Element...
* Typing while in the tree view starts editing the element.
* The elements are displayed in the graphical layout. Under test at the moment.
0.1.7 - 28 August 2006
* Graphical layout joins elements with lines.
* Graphical layout is colour coded.
* Setup.exe installs into Program Files.
0.1.8 - 7 September 2006
* File \ New invokes File \ Save if the map has been modified.
* View menu added. The Show Graphical View turns the graphics on and off.
* Graphical View now scrolls.
* Text only print function available.
* File \ Export \ MS PowerPoint now available.
0.1.9 - 18 September 2006
* Graphical View now adjusts for text height
* Linework in the graphical view may be direct or dogleg (default).
* File \ Save As will save in bitmap (BMP) format.
0.1.10 - 25 September 2006
* Delete error fixed. Deleting a node no longer distorts the graphical view.
* Paste works from text. Tested from MindManager, FreeMind and Excel.
* Copy and Cut work for text. Does not copy the element type.
* Options saved in XML file pref.xml
* Error with bitmap background corrected.
* PNG format now supported under File\Save As
* Crash on Save As fixed. Error trapping bolstered.
0.2 Release Candidate 1 - 5 October 2006
* File \ Undo works for File \ Delete.
* If a map is modified, you are asked to save on exit.
* File \ Print Graphic View available.
* File \ Properties reports the depth of the argument, the file name and the word count.
* Edit \ Find finds the next occurrence of the specified text (ignoring case).
* Edit \ Options... Graphical View allows font, font colour, box colour and box
line width to be set for the premise, reasons, objections and helpers.
* The default colour scheme has been changed
- Premise - Black 16 point Arial, gray box colour, line width 3.
- Reason - Black 10 point Arial, green box colour, line width 2.
- Objection - Black 10 point Arial, red box colour, line width 2.
- Helper - Black 10 point Arial, blue box colour, line width 1.
0.2 Release Candidate 2 - 14 October 2006
* F1 Help added
* Help \ Contents added
* Crash on save error corrected.
0.2 Release Candidate 3 - 14 October 2006
* Error loading *.re3 files corrected
* Help file improved
* Movie added for documentation.
0.2 Release Candidate 4 - 16 October 2006
* Added JPEG and GIF formats to File \ Save As...
* Corrected graphics saving error where everything was saved as bitmap format.
* Correct error in displaying some *.re3 files.
* Clicking on an element in the graphical view selects the appropriate element
in the tree view.
0.2 Release Candidate 5 - 17 October 2006
* Help file added to install.
* *.axl files associated with Argumentative.
* Examples directory added with a sample.
0.2 Release Candidate 6 - 23 October 2006
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 18 - 27 August
* Single print command for both graphics and text.
* View \ Show \ Selection (F3) is implemented.
* Clicking on the graphical view selects the element clicked in the tree view.
* Spelling added.
* Installer updated.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 17 - 26 August
* File \ Export \ Transform added
* XML routines updated to .Net 2
* Undo added
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 16 - 25 August
* Scroll bars are working
* If Argumentative is closed with Alt-F4 or the X in the upper right, a save
dialog box appears.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 15 - 23 August
* Removed access to old form.
* File \ Properties added
* View \ Orientation menu items added.
* Tools \ Full Stops added.
* Tools \ Options
* Tools \ Save options
* Application title set correctly on startup.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 14 - 22 August
* View \ Quick Views added.
* Status line used for new features.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 13 - 20 August
* View / Zoom items added.
* Resize keeps split bars in the same fixed location.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 12 - 19 August
* Find and Find Next added
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 11 - 17 August
* View / Show menu items implemented.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 10 - 15 August
* Added Edit / Edit (F2) including redraw (feature #1726076).
* Printing added. Print dialog box added to Print Graphical view (feature #1705879).
* Help / About resizes correctly.
Argumentative 0.4.1 Alpha 9 - 14 August
* Edit / Add items added
* Icons no longer need to be external files